1937-1947 THE FOUNDER
In 1937 the Cav. Rodolfo Rinaldi based in Sesto San Giovanni a company devoted to the production of equipment for autogenous welding, hence the acronym ASA. But the pioneering spirit and innovative ideas of the founder lead him soon to undertake a new direction: the measurement of fluid flow.
In 1947, ASA is the first Italian company that manufactures and sells variable area flowmeters glass tube for liquids and gases, otherwise known as Asameters (registered trademark).
1960 THE ASAMETERS
The range of flowmeters grows. Metal tube flowmeters are placed on the Italian and international markets. They are flow indicators equipped with pneumatic and electronic transmitters suitable for critical application in terms of performances.
1982 MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
At the Museum of Science and Technology “Leonardo Da Vinci” in Milan, opened the hall GISI (Group Companies Industrial Instrumentation), divided into a large group of instruments for measurement and control, which are used for the automation of industrial plants. Under the heading “Flow measurement” there is an Asameter presented with the following caption: “Volumetric meter for nitric acid with flow indicator and pneumatic transmitter, designed and manufactured by Asa Cav. Rodolfo Rinaldi in Sesto San Giovanni. ”
(Museum of Science and Technology).
1983-1987 THE SECOND GENERATION
Eng. Ilo Rinaldi, son of the founder, took over the management of the Company. In order to develop new product lines, he decided to open a new manufacturing plant in Grumello del Monte, about 60 km far from the historical site in Sesto San Giovanni. In this period was born the production of electromagnetic inductive flowmeters for measurement of conductive fluids.
1995-1997 THE GROWTH
Eng. Rinaldi with great entrapreneurial courage and forward-looking mind expands ASA production area up to 3,000 square meters and 5,400 square meters outdoors, where it develops part of the impressive facility for calibration of electromagnetic inductive flowmeters.
From the production point of view, these are the years of a new era for ASA. Eng. Rinaldi gives the company a strong signal by introducing innovative production processes and automatic machines of the latest generation. A new concept of industrial serial production makes its way on the factory.
These are the years of the third generation which allows ASA to achieve:
– Quality System Certification according to UNI EN ISO 9001:2000
– ATEX certification of the measuring series C and G / 38-/39 Ex i (certificate CESI 04 ATEX 067X, marking II1GD II2GD and EEx ia IIC T6 IP65 T85 ° C, II 1 GD and II2GD c II T6 IP65 T85 ° C)
– CESI Notification for its Quality Management System according to the UNI EN ISO 9001:2000 and EN 13980:2002.
2004-TODAY EVOLUTION GOES ON
The entire range of Asameters is re-engineered in terms of design and optimization of performance of measurement.
– In 2004, metal tube flowmeters are placed on the market with flow indicator and totalizer microprocessor integrated
– In 2006 metal tube Asameters explosion proof Exd version make their entrance in hazardous areas.
– In 2008 born Asameters model V6 for the measurement of large volumes of fluids in pipes of small nominal diameters. The measuring principle, studied and designed by ASA, has been patented.
– Certification of Quality Management System according to the
UNI EN ISO 9001:2008.
– In 2013, are placed on the market calibrated orifice Asameters according to ISO 5167.2-2003 – DIN 1952 – BS 1042: SECTION 1.1 – ASME MFC 3M – 14M ASME MFC GOST 8563.